Excitement is rising in the Digital-Lifestyles offices for the upcoming Future of Web Apps event in London later this week.
The conference is running this Thursday to Friday, 9-10 October, with workshops running through out the Wednesday.
Digital-Lifestyles will be there, covering it live as and when we can – time and bandwidth allowing.
You want high profile speakers? – they’ve got them! Try these for size, Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook, Kevin Rose of Digg, Blaine Cook ex of Twitter, the list goes on.
Sessions that look particularly interesting to us are
- The very ambitiously titled The Future of News by Kevin Rose;
- Suw Charman has usually got something interesting to say and the title “Technology & Psychology” holds a lot of potential
- Having founded an Broadband TV company ten years ago, LemonTV, I’ll be interested in hearing what’s changed since then during “Bringing Internet Television to the Masses,” session by Ron Richards of Revision3
- “How to take your community to the next level,” is a defo one, even if the “I Can Has Cheez Burger” site confuses the hell out of me.
The next day looks like it has less of immediate interest during the start, but picks up just before lunch with
- How to decrease the environmental impact of your app with the illustrious Gavin Starks of AMEE
- How to survive outside of Silicon Valley should be a bit of a giggle
- Fireside chat with special guest, Facebook founder and CEO, Mark Zuckerberg
- Nearing the end of the day is another community-focused session “How to grow and nurture your community”
- The live filming of Diggnation! should keep most people at the event – quite an achievement for a conference that ends on Friday.
- The wrap party should ensure number stay up too.
These events are usually brilliant, not just with the sessions that you attend, but from the discussions that you have in the halls between sessions. The swapping of ideas can be incredibly invigorating.
We understand that there might be a few tickets left, so jump on board.